Saturday, May 24, 2008

The 100 hot dogs project

Today I want to introduce an idea that I've been contemplating for a couple weeks. It's called the 100 hot dogs project, and the idea is simple. In one calendar year from today, May 24, I will attempt to eat 100 distinct hot dogs all sold within the city limits of Tucson, Arizona where I live. What do I mean by distinct hot dogs? Any distinct style of hot dog, sold by a distinct retailer will be considered a distinct hot dog. For example, a chili dog sold at one restaurant will be distinct from a regular hot dog sold at the same restaurant. Along the way I will hope to encounter as many hot dog styles a possible, such as a Chicago dog, Coney dog, and our own regional favorite the Sonoran hot dog (more on this later). Can I do this? Is it even possible? I believe that the answer is yes. There are many well known hot dog purveyors, but I'm counting on the fact that there are probably many not so well know places that will sell you a hot dog. I will update twice a week. Each post will include a picture and a description of the hot dog I ate, along with some thoughts about how it tasted and where it was made, etc.

No comments: